The Healing Garden is a center for natural holistic and alternative health education. The Center began as a concept in 2015 with the knowledge that according to statistics 35% of 100 Americans, only about 19% or 7 people are African American. The death rate for African Americans was generally higher than whites for heart diseases, stroke, cancer, asthma, influenza and pneumonia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and homicide. We deeply believe in the power of using preventive medicine and we are committed as an organization to educating our community to improve outcomes.The death rate for African Americans was generally higher than whites for heart diseases, stroke, cancer, asthma, influenza and pneumonia, diabetes, HIV/AIDS, and homicide. We exist to create a culture of health by reconnecting community members with their innate ability to heal and be well. Our vision is to help people find balance resulting in communities that are thriving and free of violence and crime. Now housed in our newest facility, our team of African American healers has partnered to create an integrative care setting. We exist to create a culture of health by reconnecting community members with their innate ability to heal and be well. With programs like our Diabetes Prevention Program and Holistic Healing Circles, our team works daily to activate a holistic health movement in Aurora and the Northeast neighborhoods of Denver, especially for persons of color. We invite you to join and support our cause! Our non-profit arm seeks your support to provide and empower the community with holistic health solutions that are:
- Affordable: We are a non-profit designed to offer affordable services and programs to the community.
- Demystified: We strive to help African American communities easily understand and embrace holistic, natural and alternative measures of wellness.
- Community-based: Our team is a family of African American healers primarily serving the African American community. We bring families and community together to learn and practice holistic self-care.
- Secure and fund facilities upgrades at our clinic and studio space, where we provide community workshops, yoga, dance and fitness classes, and our diabetes prevention program. Building restoration projects include removing the nitrogen gas lines that were left by the previous tenant.
- Cover the costs of materials and instructors teaching on diabetes prevention, stress management, experiential modalities and culturally sensitive alternative family support systems, child care for periodic date nights.
- Fund administrative support to operate our front desk and client relationship management system.
As a signature sponsor, your commitment to humanity, community and non-traditional approaches to bringing healing and wellness is greatly appreciated. In turn for your taxable donation we are honored to include you as a branch to our Giving Tree which earns you a lifetime extension to this work. To have a treatment room named in your honor (or named after an African-American wellness hero of your choice), please contact us about the adopt-a-healing-room sponsorship program.